"Invalid Entry in
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1977022 by Not Available.

My review of the Cave
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1983822 by Not Available.

Case Specifics: The only way I was able to link with this was through going into his portfolio.
"'The Cave'
The Cave

Genre Horror/Scary

This is a very scary story. I'm not sure I would want revenge though. I think the wiser move would be to forget I saw the cave, but boys will be boys, while this is tame as far as horror goes in certainly fits the other part of the genre. I enjoyed the read very much. You do have a few weakness that interrupt the flow of the story, but they are minor fixes. Many times the story is better served by the use of the periods rather than commas or conjunctions.(and, but, because, etc. These are rarely necessary. Read the sentence, objectively. If and or but etc. sounds like extra baggage don't used them.

Example: Your statement. As they neared the far wall of the chamber, they became aware of a large wooden object. Eric moved toward it, all the while straining his ears for any sounds other than the constant dripping of water. He became aware that Haeden, now quiet, was very close behind him.

My suggestion: Eric stumbled back and turned, and there in the shadows was a large wooden object, as Erick moved toward it, straining to hear any sounds other than the incessantly dripping water, Haeden, who was very close behind him, was also very quiet.

This is just one opinion and I noticed this story was written for a contest, so these suggestions are for your future consideration. Good luck.
By Dekalb Daddy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Contest Entry · 03-26-14 10:32pm
by LJB
Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 5:45am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 12:47pm
by LJB
Re: Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 1:37pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 3:11pm
by LJB
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 4:00pm
by LJB
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 6:42pm
by LJB
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 6:53pm
by LJB
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Contest Entry · 03-27-14 6:58pm
by ~A.J. Lyle~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ~A.J. Lyle~ .
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2652952