*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2668511
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 30, 2014 at 7:22pm
Need advice on a story idea
by MontyB
I'm currently working on a story idea, but I'm second guessing myself (partly because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it right).

The story begins as Janet is moving into her new apartment with her two young daughters. Her husband, Jason, recently asked for a divorce because he believes that he has fallen in love with the woman with whom he's having an affair. Janet's world is crushed. As she is dealing with the aftermath, she meets Violet, a waitress at the diner down the street. Violet and Janet strike up a fast friendship and Janet feels like she can really talk to her. She feels an attraction to Violet, but dismisses it as just a "girl crush." In the meantime, Janet decides to try to win her husband back by dressing in a more revealing manner and portraying a confidence that she doesn't really feel (Janet is more of a wallflower).

As the story progresses, we see the blossoming of a love affair between Janet and Violet as well as the rekindling of the romance between Janet and Jason. After a date with Jason, Janet decides to sleep with him. As they start, Janet feels wrong and can't stop thinking of Violet and she asks him to leave. Janet is confused about her feelings and what it means to openly love another woman.

And, that is as far as I've gotten in my synopsis. I still have a lot to figure out. But, I'd like to know what others think of the idea.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Need advice on a story idea · 04-30-14 7:22pm
by MontyB

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2668511