*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2795301
Rated: E · Message Forum · Community · #1465622
Center of Welcome to Everyone, from this Humble Group of the First Children on This Land.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:59pm
Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to I Love WDC! Cissy❤ with this post.
Hi Cissy,

Wow, what a lot of information! I will do my best to answer everything. Growing up in the South as a white child, I did not suffer the prejudice of skin color personally. We were very poor and that led to another type prejudice against us. The area I grew up in was very prejudiced against other races. It is sad - it was race against race - like it still is. I have spent my life trying to wash out the prejudice that I was surrounded with growing up. Since I grew up knowing of my Indian heritage and proud of it - that was never an issue. I really do believe that God created us all equal - it is man - not God that has made the separations. You would think that in the year 2015 that the prejudice issue would have been resolved. I try to treat all peoples the way that I would like to be treated. I try very hard to let others see Jesus in me. I don't argue or disparage other religions - but I also will not hide my faith. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and I try my best to live my life the way He would approve.

Right after I graduated high school I lived in New Mexico for a few months - I worked at a restaurant and ran into all races of people - it was sad that some of the Indian teenagers I came across did not have very much self esteem and put themselves down. I hope that has changed - at least some.

My son takes his heritage seriously all phases of it - he really enjoyed the OA - he is 41 now and I think he misses it. I would love to know more about our Indian heritage - just don't know how to go about researching it. I would be more than happy to take the classes and learn more about the different tribes. The graduation party sounds like fun and would be honored to be your guest.

As far as reviews go - some people might find that hard to do - reading in some of the forums - people have a lot of problems. I would do my best to do 5 a week as I am sure most members will. I do not consider myself very good at reviews. I usually tell them if I like it and why, if I see any mistakes as far as spelling etc I will point those out. I don't know enough about grammar etc to try and edit that. I can tell you if it sounds right but not why or how to correct it. Poetry I love, but do not review to form or style etc because I do not understand all of that.

I will try to be active - in the group - I have been on WDC for about 7 years - off an on - and a lot of it I still don't understand and I'm not exactly tech savvy! I just recently discovered how to find the reviews attached to one item!! that's bad! I retired last August so it has been easier to get on the computer and do the things that I like. I have been trying to get my house back in order. My husband and I have been married for 44 years this next month and we have collected a lot of stuff! Trying to thin out!

You sound very busy - good luck on all the reading! I absolutely love all the Indian artwork! Well I have to close - we are off to our granddaughters school dance tonight!

Thanks for answering and for allowing me in the tribe! I love it! Hopefully soon I will be able to change "Lazy" to "Busy"!
Lazy Writer
Trying to turn "Lazy" into "Busy"!
MESSAGE THREAD
Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 10:14am
by Lazy Writer est 4/24/2008
Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 4:33pm
by I Love WDC! Cissy❤
*Star* Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 5:59pm
Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 8:23pm
by I might be here, now.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-22-15 9:45am
Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-21-15 4:36pm
by I Love WDC! Cissy❤
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-21-15 6:27pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-22-15 12:26pm
by I might be here, now.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-22-15 3:25pm
Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 9:38pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-21-15 6:30pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-22-15 2:04am
by ANN Counselor, Lesbian & Happy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-22-15 9:42am
Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 10:26pm
by ShelleyA~13 years at WDC
Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 10:29pm
Re: Re: Re: Hi I would like to join this group · 02-20-15 11:44pm
by ShelleyA~13 years at WDC

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, I Love WDC! Cissy❤.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2795301