*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2817766
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #1999071
Just a little something to celebrate the respondents of ALL Symposium topics 1 - 39
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 28, 2015 at 3:27am
Topic 38 - Poetry
Yes, poetry.

Nothing complicated because I have to respond too and my version of poetry is at the other end of the complicated scale!!

I've been considering a poetry round for some time now and suddenly realised that there are really only two rounds to go (unless everyone really wants to carry on), and I already know what's on the cards for topic 39! So topic 38 is all about (syllabic) poetry.

Your challenge, if you would still like to be in the hunt for the golden feather, is to write an Etheree on any subject you like. An Etheree is a simple 10-line poem where the first line is 1 syllable, the second is 2 and so on until you reach line ten with 10 syllables. (If you're feeling extra up to it, you can write in the reverse (10 to 1 syllables).)

As an example, I am subjecting you to one I wrote in Chicago last year, in honour of the Cloud Gate sculpture *Blush*

Bean,
silver
reflecting
stunning skyline
at day and at night.
A meeting place for all:
artists, tourists, residents.
I want to take you home with me
but for now I'll just take your picture
so I can look at you daily and dream.

I know, I know, I've a crush on the silver bean (I took SO many photos but it is one of the coolest pieces of modern art I have ever seen).

Anyway... please respond to this post with your own wonderful creation by midnight on Friday 1 May.

I'll be rolling the virtual dice again, but this time will give away two OPPS merit badges.

Best wishes!
Os
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Topic 38 - Poetry · 04-28-15 3:27am
by Osirantinous
Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 04-28-15 3:52am
by Fi
Re: Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 04-28-15 4:23am
by Osirantinous
Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 04-28-15 7:38am
by ShelleyA~13 years at WDC
Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 04-30-15 5:49pm
by Ghostranch
Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 04-30-15 7:29pm
by Jeff
Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 05-01-15 8:41pm
by Osirantinous
Re: Topic 38 - Poetry · 05-01-15 9:07pm
by Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Osirantinous.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2817766