*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2835534
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #2016379
Discuss all things relating to writing and genre.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 10, 2015 at 9:16pm
Re: Those nasty transitional sentences
Yes! I find that my words fail me just as I get to the place I need to write things down. I have all the pictures in my head, but then I can only think of one-syllable words. So...I write it how it comes out. I write a lot. I write out of order frequently, then copy-paste to move things around into a better order. I use all the simple words, but as my mind starts working I go back and beef up the language, or pull out the dictionary and/or thesaurus, or happen to be reading something else at a later time and hear a work I know will work perfectly THERE, so I make a note and put it in (I keep my book files accessible on my iPhone, so I can always open it up and write in something if it occurs to me).

I am definitely not a linear writer, so sometimes I'll just skip the middle portions and make some notes in all caps, like PUT SOMETHING HERE ABOUT THE MOTHER or something like that, then I can go back and figure out what I want eventually. Sometimes this stuff occurs to me in the shower or right before falling asleep, too, so I do find having notes that I see repeatedly when reading my work and editing helps to keep the blood flowing to the brain and eventually I find a solution.

HTHs!

--
1UppyEar

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Those nasty transitional sentences · 06-06-15 12:36am
by R. Michael Wood
Re: Those nasty transitional sentences · 06-08-15 12:10pm
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC
Re: Re: Those nasty transitional sentences · 06-10-15 3:53pm
by Joto-Kai
*Star* Re: Those nasty transitional sentences · 06-10-15 9:16pm
by 1UppyEar
Re: Re: Those nasty transitional sentences · 07-10-15 3:49am
by Smee

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, David the Dark one!.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2835534