*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2851752
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1908885
Authors face off through their characters! Follow along & vote each round.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 21, 2015 at 5:50am
Edited: July 21, 2015 at 5:56am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused
Hey, that's okay! Better not entered than defeated by complicated rules!

I entered one of those continuing contests where one has daily deadline entries and one of mine got disqualified because it was minutes over the wire. Now, we could not post early because it allowed no editing after posting. The creation and modified dates showed it was created on that date and modified before deadline only, and I mentioned it was the net malfunction which resulted in a delayed post. Yet, it was disqualified.

Yet, the judges sometimes did their posts late, did not update the rankings (as promised) and even tried to change rules at the very end, by asking for consensus. (I thought that it was unfair and said so, and made myself pretty unpopular - but you cannot say rules may be changed at any time, and expect that to be a rule! I have been in contests where they give out extra prizes, that is fine, but reducing the amount of what was announced to make room for an extra, that was not correct. It may be politically incorrect to say so, but I was asked, no insisted, to opine, so don't be miffed if my opinion differs from yours! And anyway, I wasn't the one who was up for losing out on the prize money so my opinion was disinterested.)

So, I kinda back off from complicated contests. Totally chicken! And in the spirit of encouraging what seems to be an interesting concept - may the best man/woman/thing win!

Jyo

** Image ID #1756771 Unavailable **

My fascination with the fantastic power of words.

** Image ID #1637559 Unavailable **

Merit Badge in Friendship
[Click For More Info]

This is for having a heart of gold, and making WDC a wonderful place for an author like me. Merit Badge in Inner Strength
[Click For More Info]

For your Write On Spirit from Showering Acts of Joy Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

For completing over 10 quality reviews for the SAJ Review Frenzy!  *^*Smile*^*  Keep up the great work!  *^*Heart*^* Hey
MESSAGE THREAD
Confused · 07-21-15 2:27am
by Just an Ordinary Boo!
Re: Confused · 07-21-15 3:00am
by Smee
Re: Re: Confused · 07-21-15 4:42am
by Just an Ordinary Boo!
Re: Re: Re: Confused · 07-21-15 4:47am
by Smee
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused · 07-21-15 5:50am
by Just an Ordinary Boo!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused · 07-21-15 5:18pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused · 07-21-15 11:44pm
by Just an Ordinary Boo!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused · 07-21-15 11:56pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused · 07-22-15 12:08am
by Just an Ordinary Boo!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elle - on hiatus.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2851752