*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2853653
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1908885
Authors face off through their characters! Follow along & vote each round.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 26, 2015 at 7:58pm
Re: This looks fun--How do I enter?
There's no such thing as a stupid question.

1. When does a new tournament start?
The current tournament has just finished auditions (sorry!) and we are in round one. I anticipate there will be a second round and that will leave us with a winner. So perhaps about six weeks before this tournament ends? Assuming all goes well then, it might be about 2-3 months from now before a new tournament starts. If you'd like me to notify you when that happens (with an email), just let me know.

2. Are there certain requirements or limitations a character has to meet?
No. Generally speaking you can choose your character's species, skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The real test is how well you can write them. If your character is basically a god with no weaknesses, the story won't be particularly gripping. The best characters always have weaknesses as well as strengths.

3. Do the two characters showing down need to be from the same genre?
Not at all, you could have a robot against a wizard if it came to that. But the storyline provided will set the genre for the tournament. Your character can be from whatever genre you choose though.

3b. Can we use characters from other works we have created, or must the character be totally unique to the tournament?
So long as it is YOUR original character, not created by someone else, it can be an old character you have used in previous writing, or a new one. It just has to be YOUR character.

** Image ID #1922496 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
This looks fun--How do I enter? · 07-21-15 7:46pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: This looks fun--How do I enter? · 07-26-15 7:58pm
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elle - on hiatus.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2853653