*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2925576
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #2070222
A contest using famous quotes from classic movies as a prompt.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 17, 2016 at 7:12pm
Re: Re: 870059 entered
*Dollar* 300 GPs were sent to Justwrite with this post.
I'm fascinating with what you have said after reading my story of wedding day, then abuse that led to divorce then finally being free to 'come out' 26 years later; Thousands of gays still have difficulty 'coming out' here in America because there are still parents, friends and strangers and churches who hate their coming out; same is true elsewhere in the world even Britain where the Episcopal Chruch is still hatefilled against gays as they decry America's Episcopals for accepting gays; the hate still goes on and YES, I lost many dear and special relationships the moment I 'came out' and those have never changed to be accepting so your belief that it is so easy and so safe and so lightfilled to bome out, is still wrong. It takes courage and a willingness to lose so much of a life...............eventually my daughter's new church and her father brought her and her children and spouse to 'shun' me so they have not returned to be in my life for six years now............those who teach hatred still reach the ones who initially chose not to hate. The darkness is still there.

Yes, it is worse in certain religious groups like my daughter's and the Muslim believers, and various others.

You phrase about 'supply you with a light if the closet's too dark to come out of" has a meaning for you that I cannot say I know, it's your thought and whether you are being sarcastic or true................for me it says that if any person ever needs my support or help for any purpose as they live their life, if it is within my power to help the person, I will try. it is not just to 'help' them help themselves to come out of the closet. The negative part of your line makes it seem that the help given to a gay person in that instance, is somehow bad. I hope I that is not what you mean.

Ann

"IF I can help somebody along life's way, then my living will not be in vain"
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** You're helping to open the minds,supporting those still struggling to accept gays and lesbians."
MESSAGE THREAD
870059 entered · 01-05-16 10:38pm
by ANN Counselor, Lesbian & Happy
Re: 870059 entered · 01-17-16 9:15am
by Justwrite
*Star* Re: Re: 870059 entered · 01-17-16 7:12pm
by ANN Counselor, Lesbian & Happy
Re: Re: Re: 870059 entered · 01-18-16 10:04am
by Justwrite

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, TarynSloane ~ Writing.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2925576