*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2941932
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Activity · #1992432
A place to meet other members and write about what you love about Jane Austen.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 1, 2016 at 3:51pm
Edited: March 2, 2016 at 3:58pm
*Star*Jane Austen Challenge 1: HI!
*Fairy* Hi Janeits! *Delight* And all who are taking up the monthly challenge, Saying hi is part of it so here I be!
*Wink* Reading newsletters I found out one of the names for fans is "Janeits" *Smile*

I am enjoying my deeper forray into Austen territory. I had read her main books S&S, P&P and Emma WAY back in school and seen movies and reread them periodically. I never really clued it to her work being so influencial til I found Megan’s group and forum and was reading her newsletters last year. Since finding this space, have learned there are lesser known writings and so many cool facts. I always enjoy historicals--and even found DVD of Jane Austen’s Life, Society and Works in the library a while back. I think it was on tv at one time.

Last year I got my first kindle app for my PC and guess what? A free P&P came with it! *Smile* How timely!

I think to date, it is my favourite of her novels---the romance of Darcy and Liz is iconic.
I thought the patience of Mr. Knightly in Emma was amazing and glad she finally figured it out. *Smile*
I always enjoyed romance novels and hers seem to have been some of the first ones.

I just watched Death Comes to Pemberly recently---I had never heard of the title *Shock* and I thus haven’t read the book, the story seemed familiar. So maybe I heard about it sometime! *Facepalm* memory! It was so cool to see a continuation of Pride and Prejudice as so many books leave off at happily ever after and we never see what next! I could so see how it might have involved around that rogue Wickham. Like a bad penny, he would be showing up to upset the higher tone. It was interesting how Lydia reminded me of her mother in her dramatic reactions. There is always one who takes after the mom. The main characters maintained their strength even though married. Liz still stood her ground. The story kept my attention -nice twist at the end. I will have to read the book now.

I watched a sketch of the Musical version of Pride and Prejudice on youtube! *Shock* Who knew? Wow! What a concept. It was fun to see what they did with Mrs. Bennet singing about 5 daughters! Dreamy to have Darcy and Elizabeth sing. *Heart*

It is so interesting how Austen’s books still generate interest to day. I had no idea how many movies were take offs from her books too. Wild! *Laugh*

More fun to come!

eyestar
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Star*Jane Austen Challenge 1: HI! · 03-01-16 3:51pm
by eyestar~*
Re: Jane Austen Challenge 1: HI! · 03-01-16 4:14pm
by Princess Megan Rose 22 Years
Re: Re: Jane Austen Challenge 1: HI! · 03-03-16 9:23am
by ~Minja~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Princess Megan Rose 22 Years.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2941932