*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2964156
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1380461
A romance/erotica contest from The Talent Pond.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 6, 2016 at 3:05pm
Winners of Round 25 Announced
We've all heard this before, but I have to say it here because it's so very true. I had a difficult time choosing a winner this round because all of the stories were well done, interesting, and they all met the prompt in creative ways.

With six entries, the rules allow for only 1st and 2nd place winners, but the quality of writing this round was so good I'm going to award 3rd place as well.

All six of these entries were well done, and they were all filled with demonstrations of the writer's talents and creativity. I enjoyed reading each of these stories, (I actually read each one twice), and as I read I realized it was going to be difficult to choose winners; and it was.

So, while all the entries deserve something, I can only choose three, officially.

Here are the winners of Round 25

========================================
During the time I've been the judge for the Paradise Cove Writing Challenge, I've only given one 5 star rating, and here it is.

1st Place goes to
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2081405 by Not Available.
written by dblameck (David) The story takes us on a tour of the financial side of politics and the length some office holders will go to keep their influence. The story is very well written, interesting, and filled with great description and dialogue.

========================================
2nd Place goes to
 Invalid Item 
#2082397 by Not Available.
written by ~Lifelessons~ . The story is filled with so much intrigue that you might think it's non-fiction. It's an interesting read. Well done.

==========================================

3rd Place:
 Invalid Item 
#2082755 by Not Available.
written by scooter is an interesting story about the intrigue of politics from a long time ago, and from a place far, far away. Nicely done and interesting.

===================================

These last three stories are in no particular order.

==========================================================================
The story,

STATIC
Presidential Liaison  (XGC)
Written for Paradise Cove Contest - A story of sex and politics
#2081061 by Choconut ~ House Targaryen
by Choconut ~ House Targaryen , is an interesting tale about a president who enjoys the White House gym, but uses it for untraditional exercise.

=========================================

STATIC
Getting out "of" the vote  (XGC)
A couple's frustrations lead to an unexpected adventure and the need for a new candidate
#2082828 by Joey's Spring has Sprung
, written by iamjoey is a great little story about a misunderstanding that turns out well. The story proves that things that go bump in the night should be inspected carefully. Good job with this one.

============================

D. Reed Whittaker wrote

STATIC
The Registrar  (E)
A day in the life of a deputy voter registrar. Contest entrant. No basis in reality.
#2081733 by D. Reed Whittaker
, the story of a man who goes from door to door registering voters. The character's interactions are nicely described and the dialogue is great.

Awards and reviews will be completed by Saturday, May 7th.

Congratulations to all six of the writers for outstanding work.

Thank you all for entering the contest, and I look forward to reading your quality work in future rounds.

A pedaling bikerider
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Winners of Round 25 Announced · 05-06-16 3:05pm
by Bikerider
Re: Winners of Round 25 Announced · 05-06-16 5:08pm
by ~Lifelessons~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jeff.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2964156