*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3061160
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Friendship · #1918525
Hello! Have you dropped by my port? Please sign my guestbook and say hello! :)
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 21, 2017 at 5:03pm
Re: Re: Just thought I'd tell ya.
Jellyfish,

As a matter of fact, yes. I lived there for two years. I moved around a lot though. I lived in:
Liverpool
Wigan
Rochdale
Sheffield
Newcastle
Leeds
York
and a handful of smaller cities you probably never heard of like Skelmersdale, Rainford, Bury, and more.

I did not bring my brother's wife home to him. They met when she was over here in the U.S. while on vacation.

My grandmother immigrated from Ipswitch, England just after World War 1 and the rest of my ancestry is English but much further back in the early 1800's.

Because of my English relatives who live here, I do hear and discuss the politics of Great Britain and the EU.

As the cook in my family, I cook more English than American having been taught by my grandmother and mother. As strange as it may sound, even men cook and can carry on the family traditions. I have only brothers and no sisters so my grandmother and mother didn't have much choice who to pass on their knowledge to.

You asked, so you received. *Smile* Thanks again for you kind words and C-note.

Stefan CanImagine
MESSAGE THREAD
Just thought I'd tell ya. · 01-21-17 2:07pm
by CanImagine
Re: Just thought I'd tell ya. · 01-21-17 2:50pm
by Jellyfish-on holiday
*Star* Re: Re: Just thought I'd tell ya. · 01-21-17 5:03pm
by CanImagine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jellyfish-on holiday.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3061160