Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3079860
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:11am
My Entry For The Daily Flash Fiction Challenge (251 words)
A sudden rumble caught Jamia off guard. She was navigating by the bursts of lightning every few seconds, and with each flash, she got closer to her goal. Finally, the magnificent marble statue loomed in the horizon. In the pouring rain, she pushed her hair aside and started running. She shoveled away dirt at its base with her hands and sifted through it desperately. Where was her treasure? Jamia threw a pile of dirt at the statue. "You were SUPPOSED TO LOOK AFTER IT!" she screamed.
Wasting no time, she scoured all the nearby towns for the sewer-dwelling swamp rat who stole all her savings, interrogating every citizen until she found a man who stroked his beard, striped with salt and pepper, and said "this is a real puzzle, eh?" with a curious expression on his face. Jamia had no time for such nonsense. "My family needs to eat, SIR," she growled with an edge of tension." Oh do they?" He replied with a touch of condescension in his tone as he twirled a coin in his fingers that Jamia recognized.
She wrestled the coin from his grasp and grabbed him by the collar. "Where is the rest?!?" she hissed. He said "I'm afraid it's passed on to the Other Side" Jamia released him and walked away. It was obviously a riddle. Other Side, other side other side. She turned it over in her mind , hoping to make some sense of the man's cryptic reply. If only the money was still where it belonged, under the statue's west side. "Eureka!" she cried, laughing. He had moved it to the other side of the statue!
Her suspicions were confirmed, and she moved the money to a safe spot and later established a new bank in town. As for the slimebag who stole her money, rumors are that he left the country and never came back.
The End
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Entry For The Daily Flash Fiction Challenge (251 words) · 03-27-17 12:11am
by Space Cat Sophie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3079860