*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3088732
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(670)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 1, 2017 at 4:26pm
Re: Finally getting started after 6.5 years of lurking...
Howdy from Texas, Crisnoh. I see from your portfolio that you're in Alaska! I've never been, but I hear it's beautiful...and cold...Did I mention COLD?

Don't let all the activity and contests and games and challenges overwhelm you. There's a lot going on here, but you only have to utilize what you want to help you grow as a writer. When I first joined 8 years ago, I started with "The Writer's Cramp. It's a daily contest challenging you to write a story or poem based on a prompt. That activity really triggered my imagination. I won every now and then...and lost a lot more. But at least it gave me the incentive to write. The more I wrote, the more I learned from the seasoned authors here who mentored me and taught me things about writing I never learned in any classroom or university.

I hope your experience here—the second time around—will be as rewarding for you as it has been for me.

Don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions. I'm usually on site several times a day.

~Winnie Kay~

MESSAGE THREAD
Finally getting started after 6.5 years of lurking... · 04-27-17 9:05pm
by C.L. Thomas
Re: Finally getting started after 6.5 years of lurking... · 04-28-17 2:07am
by Christopher Roy Denton
Re: Finally getting started after 6.5 years of lurking... · 04-28-17 2:23am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
*Star* Re: Finally getting started after 6.5 years of lurking... · 05-01-17 4:26pm
by Winnie Kay
Re: Re: Finally getting started after 6.5 years of lurkin... · 05-03-17 4:33pm
by C.L. Thomas

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3088732