*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3094226
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(670)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 25, 2017 at 8:13am
Hello from New York
Hello everybody, I recently joined this site but I stumbled upon this page a while back. I forgot what I used this site for but I kept telling myself one day I will join it. I want to point out that I am not a writer I'm more of a reader and my grammar skills are poor. I would love to learn how to write short stories and novels but I will be content with reading other people's works.

I live in New York and work for a rail car industry but currently working from home. I am a huge Tolkien and JK Rowling fan probably because when I was a pre-teen the movies were coming out every Christmas time. It was a beautiful holiday treat and I immediately dove into those magical worlds. Best memories of my life especially when I joined an online Tolkien forum. The online community was growing rapidly and they were so warm and welcoming. Unfortunately, the forum has become a ghost town and I'm looking for a new home. I believe smart phones and tablets killed the forum communities and it makes me a little sad. (I don't stay sad for too long I'm preoccupied everyday sorting out my new home and taking care of my six month old). *Delight*

I'm currently reading Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow and Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card.

I think that's it for now.

A. Cooper
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hello from New York · 05-25-17 8:13am
by A. Cooper
Re: Hello from New York · 05-25-17 3:54pm
by Nicole Michelle
Re: Hello from New York · 05-25-17 10:31pm
by HWinB.C.
Re: Re: Hello from New York · 05-30-17 7:25am
by A. Cooper

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3094226