*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3150842
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #2144083
Not just another monthly contest. Instead of Short Stories or Poetry, it's about Scripts.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 25, 2017 at 5:19pm
Re: Another Question
Yes, of course, it's allowed. Both Short Stories and Poetry can be converted into a Script. Short Stories will probably be easier to do because they are already written like a Script. You just need to format them differently. Poetry is a little harder to convert. But a lot of it is in story format too. So, converting it shouldn't be too hard either.

I have been told several times, via reviews, that one of my Short Stories would make a good Novel. Some thought that they were part of a Novel. Either way, Novels have always been converted into Scripts. Especially, Movie Scripts. In fact, there are categories in the different Award shows for Adapted Scripts.

There is also at least one contest outside WDC that has a Short Story entry contest for a Short Story that can become a Movie. It might be over for this year, but if you are interested in checking it out for next year too please let me know. Unfortunately, there is fee for that contest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you are about to see (read) is true. Nothing needed to be changed. After all, This has already been translated into a language that we all know and understand - English (German, French, Italian, Russian etc.).
MESSAGE THREAD
Another Question · 12-25-17 4:07pm
by Genipher
*Star* Re: Another Question · 12-25-17 5:19pm
by PureSciFi
Re: Re: Another Question · 12-25-17 5:31pm
by Genipher

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, PureSciFi.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3150842