*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3299036
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:30pm
What's your success story?
I was plodding along for a while, putting in the time but coming away disappointed and frustrated because I was having a hard time making things connect, but working on the activities for days 8 and 9 may have just helped me plan out the structure of my whole (first) book. A throwaway character grew some plot-relevance and will now be both a foil to and a supporter of my protagonist. *Laugh* And I decided that the first book will probably end in a not-so-good way. *Devilish* All the important things will be resolved in the denouement, of course, but the very action that cemented an important relationship will also catch the attention of the wrong people and (I think!) unwittingly harm the person they meant to save. *evil laughter*

I'm still terrified that it's boring, but I'm trying to do a chronological timeline (like the one linked in Oct. 17's description) to help me make sure I'm constantly teasing information and developing the seven primary themes and questions I want to deal with in the book. That way, at least, I'll be consciously building up the things that matter in every scene.

What have you discovered or pinned down about your story thanks to the exercises so far?

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "Silent Insurrection *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
What's your success story? · 10-08-19 5:30pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: What's your success story? · 10-08-19 5:40pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3299036