*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300477
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(669)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2019 at 11:24pm
Re: It appears that I am a "newbie"
Welcome to WDC! I concur with Paul in his reponse! {e;delight} Thanks for jumping into reviewing too! There will be many who will like to have strong critiques to make their work better and some who may not, or may react to a tone even when the intent is well meant. We are all here in varying abilities and desires. Some are still shaking in their boots as they put out their work and may need some feedback that encourages first. I never assume I know better than the author. I use kindness to point out positives and suggestions for improvement. We all need to hear the good stuff too.*Wink* I like to make a sandwich: a little of what I liked, what is positive, then some suggestions and then a closing encouragement. After all, nothing is ever perfect. *Smile*

Remember we cannot please everyone....and not every piece of writing will please us.

As Paul said there are helpful suggestions and templates for how to review for best effect.

It sounds like you have some experience and could even write some little articles for others to learn from...add them to your port to pass on. We have members in groups who are looking for more "critique" and specific reviews with the hope of refining and publishing...as you get around you will find them. Paid membership opens more areas and items to read as well. Go for it.

I have been here 9 years...almost 10 and it has been a positive learning environment, helpful community and lots of fun. I get out of it what I put in! I hope you will find your niche here. Get a bio block up there so folks see you are here.

There are some cool contests... check out Comedy. You can look under Browse section to find genres to read.

Good luck with your decision. Follow your knowing.

eyestar
Com Link Fariy Sig For Dark Raid!

GROUP
WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group  (E)
Join the fun! We inspire reviewers through kindness and learning! Winner of six Quills!
#1300305 by Maryann - House Martell
MESSAGE THREAD
It appears that I am a "newbie" · 10-13-19 3:12pm
by David
Re: It appears that I am a "newbie" · 10-14-19 1:49am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: It appears that I am a "newbie" · 10-14-19 7:55pm
by Paul
*Star* Re: It appears that I am a "newbie" · 10-14-19 11:24pm
by eyestar~*

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300477