*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3329987
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2130938
Looking for a guiding light. Next round is in May of 2024.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 8, 2020 at 1:19pm
*Boat2*Results
What a crazy-cool round, captains! Thank you for sailing with me. *Boat*

Here are the winners with a tiny bit of info, but I enjoyed vising everyone's portfolios. Thank you for having me and I hope to be back soon. *Heart*

*StarB* Grand Prize: Kitti's Playground
         Kit of House Lannister

*Captainwheel* Like many, it had everything I asked for, but on top of that I felt like I was expected and welcome in every kitty-licious folder I visited, and I could not visit this portfolio without being drawn into the writings. I had to keep reminding myself that I was there to see the portfolio as a whole, that I was there to judge a contest, dammit, and I counted that as a major plus; that's exactly what a portfolio needs to do.

*Starr* Runner-Up: Geeky Galaxy
         Shaye

*Captainwheel* This one is just beautiful with eye-catching themed cover art. The organization, though, is what really drew me in and had me wanting to stay and read. A joy to visit and explore without getting lost and with lovely scenery along the way.

*Staro* Honorable Mentions:
(In opposite order of entry just so I don't lose my mind trying to list them in completely random order. *Laugh*)

The Cove
         Emily

*Captainwheel* Love that "Surf My Port" item and the personality throughout!

Confessions of a Pseudonym
         iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen

*Captainwheel* A cool front page to sum things up with style, and going into the folders behind that "Portfolio Items" folder was like going down a rabbit hole, which kept reminding me in the best way that this is the person behind "Wonderland.

Oddities with Occasional Emotional Outbursts
         Warped Sanity

*Captainwheel* I love the cover art, but that's secondary to the welcoming organization and unique content.

Window to My Mind
         D. Reed Whittaker

*Captainwheel* Clean. Professional. A place for everything and everything in its place. Nicely done.

I did notice that the portfolios with themes gave me a stronger positive impression of the experience. It made it feel like I was in the same, well organized house the whole time, which felt more welcoming, and encouraged me to stay longer.

Maybe that's just how my mind works, but could be something to think about. When I find two free seconds to rub together, maybe I'll figure out a poll or survey for this. I certainly wouldn't cry if someone else came up with it first. *Laugh*

Again, thank you, everyone, for an awesome round!

(Prizes are on their way.)

Chy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Boat2*Results · 03-08-20 1:19pm
by Satuawany
Re: Results · 03-08-20 1:30pm
by Emily
Re: Results · 03-09-20 11:15am
by Kit of House Lannister
Re: Results · 04-11-20 1:46am
by intuey of House Lannister
Re: Results · 04-11-20 4:57am
by Lilith of House Martell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Satuawany.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3329987