*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3369272
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 13, 2020 at 3:41pm
Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides
by A Non-Existent User
Hmm, alright. Well, there are several routes I am quite fond of.

The one that is probably my favorite overall is the one where Will, after apprenticing under Blackwell, joins the Stellae Errantes. It actually
consists of two different, but equally good storylines that diverge in "The Perils of a Paranormal Polyglot, so if you haven't read them, work your way to that chapter, and then go with either choice from there.

Another route I am quite fond of is another fork of the Blackwell apprenticeship, where Blackwell has an unfortunate accident, and Will starts running the show, having run-ins with Frank and Joe, and then the Shabblemans. That storyline is pretty much a straight shot from "The Third Partner beyond, until it branches into about a dozen smaller branches and stubs, so work your way to that chapter if you're interested. It involves a lot of dissecting the sigils of the Libra to make new ones, and while I wouldn't say it features a Will that is evil, exactly, but certainly one that is amoral.

If you liked the Patterson storyline, "A Mask Falls Off is a good chapter to work your way toward, as there are three rather long routes that branch off from either that chapter, or from chapters that follow shortly. All three heavily involve Fane and the Stellae though, so if you're not interested in Fane or Stellae, I'd stay away from this route.

If you want a non-Stellae related storyline, anything that Masktrix has been working on recently is top quality, especially his work on the St. Francis Xavier School. "The Wildcats of St Xavier's is the place you'd want to work to, and from there are two branches you can choose from. I personally prefer the Abi choice, but the Niamh one is good too. And another great storyline from Masktrix, as well as Rugal, is the mundane storyline he was working on a few months back, and that one is also quite easy to get to. Just pick "Bury the book in your room and forget about it", at "The Fake Book, and from there's a straight shot to the end.

Masktrix mentioned the evil golem storyline, which is another great one. If that sounded interesting to you, you'd need to work your way to "New Allies, and go on from there. This one does involve the Stellae however, and Blackwell as well, just so you're aware.

If you're interested in a route where someone else has the Libra, and are doing a lot with the masks behind the scenes, have will turn the book into the time capsule, at "Crap to the Future. There are a couple of smaller branches on that route, but for the most part, it's one single branch.

Another set of semi-related storylines are the three branches of "The Sophomore Candidates, which are all good, but the one where Bhodi is the choice is by far the longest of them, and has several branches of its own.

If you want a branch without large scale mask shenanigans, the branch where Gordon finds out about the masks that Will and Caleb are working on, and forces them to switch lives from him is pretty good, and really makes Gordon more than just some dumb, stereotypical jock, and humanizes Patterson and Lynch to a lesser extent. "An Offer You Should and Do Refuse is when the masks are fully explained to Gordon, and again, it's a straight shot from there onward.

And finally, the storylines where Will works with Chelsea to stamp out the resistance to Chelsea's position on the cheerleader squad are all good. My favorite of them is a straight shot from "Confusions, Confessions, Temptations onward, until "Chelsea Wins the War, after which there are a handful of branch stubs. Another of them, set after "The Master and Mistress of Magic involves Will being pushed into swapping with Cara Fuhrman is pretty good. If you want to see one where Will is much less willing to work with Chelsea, "The Plot Against Cindy Vredenburg is probably the place to start.

If you have any trouble getting to the chapters I've linked, you can save the path by clicking save path on the left side of the screen. Can then click My Paths, and pick one of your saved paths, and it'll tell you the choices you need to pick to get there. One might think that would be obvious, but it took me several months to notice it myself, so I have no idea how many people have missed it just like I did.
MESSAGE THREAD
BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 7:22am
by lexos02
Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 7:42am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 7:44am
by Kenny
Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 7:50am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 10:15am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 10:24am
by imaj
*Star* Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 3:41pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-13-20 5:31pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-14-20 2:09am
by lexos02
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-14-20 2:34am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BoM branch guides · 09-14-20 8:36am
by Seuzz
Re: BoM Branch Guide: The Desperate Collector · 09-14-20 9:13am
by Seuzz
Re: BoM Branch Guide: In Which You Try to Wash Your Hands... · 09-15-20 9:21pm
by Seuzz
Re: BoM Branch Guide: Opinions Sought + A Day That Starts · 09-15-20 9:23pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: BoM Branch Guide: Making a Mask · 09-17-20 4:13pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: BoM Branch Guides · 09-17-20 4:17pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: BoM Branch Guides · 09-18-20 8:01am
by lexos02
Re: Re: Re: Re: BoM Branch Guides · 09-18-20 11:04am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BoM Branch Guides · 09-18-20 1:10pm
by lexos02

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3369272