*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3419403
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Activity · #1188310
Plug a work, mentor another, learn and grow, share and encourage. Stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 1, 2021 at 7:40pm
*Tv*Re: May 1st Challenge!
One gets old and life tends to blur. I remember having a machete in hand going down the rows of milo cutting velvet weed and shattercane. I remember Laura.

I remember helping a secretary find her glasses and getting yelled at by a boss who thought I should be 'working'.

What about that day my coworkers helped me prepare breakfast for everyone? It was Ayyam-i-Ha, a Baha'i season of giving. We did our best.

I remember being kept after work to explain why I wouldn't donate to the United Way. They had to pay me overtime just to hear me firmly repeat, "No."

But in Nebraska I worked for a year in a nursinghome/hospital. I wasn't good at being an orderly. One night though we had multiple emergences. And then a diabetic came in drunk. Head Nurse Welch stationed one nurse in his room. Two other nurses were also kept busy. I got to stay with the old man down the hall who was dying of heart failure. Nurse Welch called Doctor Trávníček and told him what was needed. As head nurse at night she was the ultimate boss. I'm sure she asked nicely... but I'm also sure that doctors knew better than to question her judgment. She was the most competent nurse in the county.

After running around all night she thanked everyone in the morning and smiled. I think that was the only time I saw her smile. But over 40 years later... I still remember. *Bigsmile*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Tv*May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 2:02pm
by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 3:13pm
by Words Whirling 'Round
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:41am
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 3:37pm
by fyn
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:42am
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 4:54pm
by 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:43am
*Star* Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 7:40pm
by Kåre Enga in Udon Thani
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:44am
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 10:48pm
by GaelicQueen
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 12:00am
by KingsSideCastle
Re: Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:47am
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:45am

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3419403