*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3456209
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 10, 2021 at 12:33am
Reminder about contest rounds
Please be sure to read "IMPORTANT: How to compete in a Contest Round"   if you haven't already. It's the second post pinned at the top of the forum posts, just under the essential 72-hour rule post by Me.

Just a few friendly reminders:

1) Please do not log every daily assignment using "October Novel Prep Contest Rounds [E]. This makes more work for me both as judging coordinator and tech support, and I'm allergic to work. (It also increases the chance that I'll make a mistake in collating the contest entries, and disqualify someone who shouldn't be disqualified, which would make me feel bad.) Only use "October Novel Prep Contest Rounds [E] to submit contest entries for the four Saturday/Sunday contest rounds.

2) As noted in the above-linked post, log all assignments, including Contest Rounds, on the Entry Form.  

(Both of those links are also at the bottom of the forum header above)

3) If you have logged an assignment and/or submitted a contest entry, and you realize you made a mistake, it's okay to log it again; the later will override the earlier (exception: any contest round entry on the contest round entry form submitted after the deadline will be ignored). But you don't need to resubmit if you've edited your work.

And finally,

4) If you have a question or concern about this first Contest Round, either tag me in a forum post or email me directly (or email/tag BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ . I am not going to have time before the contest round deadline (noon today, Sunday, WDC time) to look at every single forum post and I don't want to miss something important.

I know the system can be confusing, especially for people new to this, but we'll help out as best we can.

Thanks!

WALTZ
2021 October NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge
Judging Coordinator
Tech Support

"Why annoy BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ with technical issues when you can annoy Robert Waltz instead?"

sig by legerdemain
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Reminder about contest rounds · 10-10-21 12:33am
by Robert Waltz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3456209