*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3467931
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 30, 2021 at 11:35am
Re: Joe Durras
I think that kinda is what Joe is capable actually. Joe's link to Viritrilbia makes him exactly that kind of talker that most likely could go from kicking your ass to being your best friend. Viritrilbia is the ousiarch of language, and thus the language of being persuasive and charismatic.

And quite frankly, the Durras brothers were comparatively gentle to him based on how the circumstances. They found him lurking in their house eavesdropping on them when he was invisible to them. They already knew that his girlfriend was looking into magic which they need to put a stop to. As far as they knew, Will and Sydney just proved themselves to not only be dabbling in magic, but active practitioners of it, because they don't actually know that Will was doing it unintentionally. From their point of view, a black magician just snuck into their house and was completly invisible to him. Pinning him to the wall and demanding answers isn't an unreasonable response in my opinion. They have no idea how dangerous he might be, so their best option at this point is to prove to him that resistance to them is futile, and that there's no point even trying to fight back. And then they find him in posession of the Libra, which is one of the darkest magical artifacts seen in this universe. It doesn't exactly look great for Will. It's not his fault, but there are a whole bunch of coincidences around Will that make him look really, really bad to the brothers.

As for Will, what exactly is he even supposed to be able to do to resist the Durras brothers? He has no idea how to repeat the invisibility trick, two huge guys with magic powers are watching his every move. What possible benefit is there for him to refuse or fight back? He can't do shit against them and he knows it.

Finally, I think that Joe puts on the charm because he's trying to get Will at ease so as to use his truth powers on him. I think that's what's going on here, Joe is trying to find out what's up with with Will, and Will is too terrified of them to resist. A friendly Joe who isn't threatening him with hellfire is a lot better than one who is.
MESSAGE THREAD
Joe Durras · 11-30-21 8:26am
by Masktrix
Re: Joe Durras · 11-30-21 11:28am
by rugal b.
*Star* Re: Joe Durras · 11-30-21 11:35am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Joe Durras · 12-03-21 2:07pm
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3467931