*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3474346
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2261482
Where all you have to do is read books to receive awesome prizes.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 9, 2022 at 10:01pm
January book 2 (fantasy)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia Book 2)
by C.S. Lewis (Author)

Amazon isn't letting me do a normal WDC review.

This book was fantastic. It leaps far into the future of Narnia and tells the story of four siblings, Aslan the lion and true king of Narnia, and the fight to save Narnia from the evil witch who named her self queen and terrorized the country.

Unlike book one, I had read this one as a child. So there weren't any surprises, but it was still a great delight and I cried so much I needed like five tissues at the most sad part. Both the happiest and the saddest part involved Aslan.

The parallels between Aslan and Jesus Christ, the Messiah of the Bible, served to deepen my faith, which was surely the author's intention.

There were many amazing scenes and plenty of great characters. There were parts that made me laugh out loud, and as I already mentioned, weep.

The only thing I didn't like was that almost all of the "monsters" were evil and almost all the typically good animals and fairy tale characters were good... I guess that felt a bit stereotypical. But I doubt it would have felt so at the time of the book's publishing. I did like that there were good and not so good giants. And there was a human redemption so the whole book wasn't all or nothing.

Overall, it was a great read and I'm glad I didn't skip it and just move on to the next book.

Review by Phyllis Wheeler 1/9/22. All rights reserved.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
January book 2 (fantasy) · 01-09-22 10:01pm
by 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace
Re: January book 2 (fantasy) · 01-10-22 7:24am
by Choconut
Re: Re: January book 2 (fantasy) · 01-10-22 2:08pm
by 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Choconut.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3474346