*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3512927
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(670)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 10, 2022 at 11:19am
Introduction - Charley
by Charley
Okay, I have been here long enough for an interdiction. Err, I mean introduction.

I confess I am a lifelong storyteller. Many years (decades) ago, in school, I was bored and would look out the classroom window and wonder what the birds outside would say to each other. In one class, I was instructed to write a poem; I submitted the lyrics to "Last Kiss" by J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers. I was also told I would never be a writer because I had no life experiences. I dropped out of school. Perhaps this also explains my lack of grammar skills.

I spent 24 years on active duty (USCG) and learned that I liked alcohol very much. I believe some great writers had a history with alcohol, Hemmingway? However, I have been sober since 1983. (Grammar may force a relapse)

With a 24-year marriage, two children, and a mortgage, I can now check the box that I have life experiences. I am now contemplating retirement and starting again as a "Paperback Writer."

I am a long-time Red Sox fan and attend Red Sox Fantasy Camp each January, providing me with many stories.

Any advice you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

I have started four books but need to focus on one! Which would you be most interested in:

A) A series of short stories about baseball and bowling adventures
B) A man finds evidence that leads him to believe a relative was the Boston Strangler
C) A battle of two families for the White House (Texas oil family vs New England old money family)
D) A struggle to recover from childhood trauma

Charley
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Introduction - Charley · 08-10-22 11:19am
by Charley
Re: Introduction - Charley · 08-10-22 11:47am
by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024
Re: Re: Introduction - Charley · 08-10-22 12:09pm
by Charley
Re: Introduction - Charley · 09-02-22 2:25pm
by Happy Adore♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3512927