*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3514076
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 17, 2022 at 12:24pm
*Clock*Re: Scheduled MB and Awardicon Sending
Greets,

My general thoughts on this are that I don't really like the idea. While I understand the convenience, I don't like the idea of "set it and forget" Merit Badge gifting. I could easily see people just "purchasing" a year of badges from someone and then it's setup and not looked at again ... which somewhat defeats the "active community" side of Merit Badges.

I appreciate and do understand that people do this scheduling to work within our restrictions on how many badges one can receive from another member in a given period... but part of that timing setup is to keep some level of engagement when it comes to badges. We're really pretty liberal on the badges as is... but my gut reaction to adding a scheduling system is that it would be an overall negative to the community participation aspect of badges, making it way too easy for people to become "hands off".

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Generosity
[Click For More Info]

Ranked  #3  for Scrolling Games  Gift Point  sponsorships for the month of  April 2007 . Thank you for your generosity.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
*Clock*Scheduled MB and Awardicon Sending · 08-17-22 2:27am
by GERVIC 🐉 House Targaryen
*Star* Re: Scheduled MB and Awardicon Sending · 08-17-22 12:24pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Scheduled MB and Awardicon Sending · 08-17-22 6:19pm
by GERVIC 🐉 House Targaryen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3514076