*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3550507
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 7, 2023 at 4:38am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest?
by Nostrum
I was about to answer this, declined (because I thought it was thread necromancy, which is a big no-no on other forums), noticed rugal was willing to answer, and decided "why not?"

Without going for the routes I've been involved with (namely, the one with Natalie because it was a Round Robin and the TWS route with Mireya - which, BTW, I feel so sad that rugal didn't even make a mention on it on his most recent reply!), I feel inclined towards Niamh because - I presume - she's a gamer girl and gets him in a way others don't, but also sets limits on whatever relationship they may have whenever he goes too far. I certainly enjoyed that bit.

I haven't really gone through the routes that have Will and Joe tied up, but I prefer Frank's side a bit more. Joe always gets presented as a womanizer even though he calms down as time goes on. Frank, on the other hand, is a lot more sensitive and really cares for Will despite everything - his is a more calming and recomforting relationship, allowing both of them to be vulnerable to each other and therefore bolstering them.

As for the Will/Sydney pairing: it's one motivated by magic, in that she gets hooked by his magical talent and that eventually blossoms into the real deal. I believe people that dislike Sydney find her an absurdly toxic influence, mostly because she is - she drives Will into delving further into the Libra for her own ends - but she ends up as one of the most loyal partners to him. The problem between Will and Sydney is that they haven't developed their investigation on the Libra to a point where they get to the latter spells, the ones that involve stripping and copying imago and anima, but I recall reading from either Seuzz or someone else that Sydney's interest for Will parallels her interest for magic - and the more "magic" Will becomes (particularly if he uncovers more of his "prodigies"), the more she genuinely becomes interested in him. The reason I feel it seems "forced" is because Sydney's relationship is obsessive - the more she shares with a magic user, the more obsessed she becomes with them.

As for the arguably most popular pairing (Will/Chelsea), that one I feel can be forced. Most of the early chapters present Chelsea as domineering and manipulative, using Will for her own ends; it's only when he seems to resist and sets her in her place that she starts to open up. I feel that they're only paired because of the reader, never because of themselves. (But that's just me.)

Finally, regarding the relationship I worked for in TWS (I'm not much of a self-promoter, let alone a shameless one, so it feels weird that I have to point it out), it officially starts with "Home and Back Again but the history between them actually starts with "Meet the Harrisons. I apologize in advance for how it ends, however. I wanted Mireya to be vastly different from all other relationships, not being a teenager romancing/being romanced by another but an adult on a relationship with someone relatively younger (not by much, though), and being pretty self-sufficient and tough but also caring. I'm well aware that it doesn't get as much traffic because it doesn't have a "public" version on-site (only off-site) and thus it gets hit by traffic-wall, and would really benefit from looking at Will's evolution as a Stellae in that branch, but it's definitely a relationship I'd like to see evolve in different ways.
MESSAGE THREAD
Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-10-22 3:05pm
by rugal b.
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-10-22 5:17pm
by T.G.Almeida
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-10-22 6:48pm
by Zuul
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-17-22 11:26pm
by bori258
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-05-23 4:40pm
by PersonJe
Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-06-23 5:58pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 1:03am
by PersonJe
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 4:38am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 3:28pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 10:09pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 10:25pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Inter... · 03-08-23 12:02pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-10-23 1:37am
by PersonJe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-10-23 3:34am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Inter... · 06-05-23 8:54am
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3550507