*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3565664
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2296940
use any number of the following topics , including zero, and write whatever you like .
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 6, 2023 at 9:37am
The Unbearable Lightness of Fleeing
It was a happy life. Nigh unsurpassable for any cephalopod I feel... Under the rock which provided me ample shelter and amusements, cozying up to the sluckled anemones and clingy barnacles, I did linger many years, mingling with my brethren in our shared pool of comfortable darkness. Then one day without warning our home was cast into sudden and petrifying effulgence. For, unbeknownst to us, a little snot-nosed bratticus had turned us over; the whole rockful of us. The elephant slug's shell got cracked by a dislodged pebble and the brittlestars lost many limbs to the crustaceans' confused scurry. There were no apologies offered nor reparations made for our destroyed darkness. Our home had been irrevocably desecrated. I flashed a warning of florescent blue rings, but it only made the homosapiens child laugh melodiously and point and prod at us all the more... By this foul meddling youngling, I and my fellow rockpool dwellers were somehow regarded as lesser forms of life. The child sat his grubby bottom in our waters and started splashing and grabbing at seaweeds. As my eyes adjusted to the desecrated dwelling I shed tears of confuzzlement. Why? why had this happened? Our home... our beautiful home... Even the anemones and barnacles were left upended, to dry out in the cruel light. It was then that the humanoid's chubby fingers reached out menacingly directly towards me... I'm not proud of my cowardice but I admit I fled as fast as I could, resigned to never look back. following closely behind the deftly disappearing tentacles of my far-superior cohorts, I made my way to this new place. Here, beneath a new rock within a different far-away pool, perhaps finally we can begin anew to rebuild some of the beauty of our old stomping grounds. Tentatively feeling my way (as a newbie imposter) through the unfamiliar crevices (and undoubtedly disgruntled wordy sea dragons) I find myself harboring, against all odds, a smidgen of hope for the future.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Unbearable Lightness of Fleeing · 06-06-23 9:37am
by Skatter-Thoughted Word Nerd
Re: The Unbearable Lightness of Fleeing · 06-06-23 6:33pm
by Batmaninwuhan

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Batmaninwuhan.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3565664