*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3583739
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 5, 2023 at 6:31am
Re: Re: Please consider
DANG! Yeah, I would have seconded Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love's request. Though I would like an option for non-apple users. *Think* *Angelic* *Bigsmile*

I sent someone here a tablet from Amazon because they said they couldn't buy MBs on their phone because it only had Opera Mini (or something). In exchange, they agreed to send me 2 MBs a month for a year and participate in all my future Newsfeed Celebrations (where I pay folks to send MBs to folks who have finished a year of "The Contest Challenge--yeah, I'm paying them to participate after I paid for their tablet, but still, more MBs for my celebrants *Delight*).

Well, they started asking for things like the order number, my card's address, etc., saying it didn't come with the pen it was supposed to, so they were trying to get that sent to them. I started getting suspicious that they might be trying to get a refund since I spent like $1500 on it. *Worry* Suddenly, they told me their parents came to visit, said they didn't like him taking charity, and took the tablet and trashed it. I still haven't gotten around to calling to see if it was refunded--partly because I'm scared of the answer, but then they had THE NERVE to ask me to buy them another. Uh, no. Either I've been scammed once already or their parents will just take the next one, too. Either way, my challenge celebrants and I lose. *Sob*

If you had a laptop or tablet of some sort, I could have verified that they weren't trying to get a refund and been done with it, but I was busy trying not to die in school this summer (probably the roughest semester since the 1st 2 semesters 3 years ago) and was too overwhelmed to deal with it at the time. *Pthb* Anyway, yeah, I would 100% support the idea of you selling a laptop or tablet. *Laptop* But I also understand why you don't want to. *Frown*

Actually, never mind. I just realized that this would have happened anyway because they were dealing straight with Samsung, not Amazon because I told them I was too busy to hunt down the order number until I knew the Amazon 30-day refund policy had expired...though also, now that I think about it, I waited until 30 days after I ORDERED it, not after it arrived because they were pressuring me for the info. *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang* I suck at life. *Pthb* I hate being so gullible! *Irritated*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

MESSAGE THREAD
Please consider · 09-03-23 2:33pm
by Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love
Re: Please consider · 09-03-23 2:51pm
by The StoryMaster
*Star* Re: Re: Please consider · 09-05-23 6:31am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Re: Re: Please consider · 09-05-23 7:48pm
by Solace.Bring

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3583739