*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3596451
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2023 at 3:44pm
My backstory-story is already a short story
I've been having a bit of a panic about the backstory-story. My NaNo novel is a follow-up to a short story I wrote a couple months agoā€“ "Tamsin and the Kobold. In that story, the MC does something to solve a problem which will change the course of her life. This novel picks up where that story left off, hopefully showing the consequences of her actions (from the short story) and how she, herself, changes as a result.

I spent five hours writing an in-depth section of the kobold story, but it says nothing. I can probably use the partial scene description in the novel somewhere, but it wasn't working for backstory. This is my final entry for this challenge, and suddenly the whole thing feels impossible again. (I know, sounds like self-sabotage, doesn't it? *Facepalm*.)

I received quite a few reviews for Tamsin and the Koboldā€“if any of you've read it and have any ideas about what kind of backstory I could "insert," I'd love to hear your ideas! Thank you! *Heartb*

Angie

image for October Sig
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My backstory-story is already a short story · 10-28-23 3:44pm
by buddhangela's Psychotic Break
Re: My backstory-story is already a short story · 10-30-23 11:14am
by Olivia's on Hi-Carb 2313608
Re: Re: My backstory-story is already a short story · 10-30-23 11:45am
by buddhangela's Psychotic Break
Re: Re: Re: My backstory-story is already a short story · 10-30-23 2:33pm
by Olivia's on Hi-Carb 2313608

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3596451