*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3630546
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2261482
Where all you have to do is read books to receive awesome prizes.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 13, 2024 at 4:04am
"Note: Review: Animals in Translation: Using the Myst..."

This was a really interesting book, though I think it's more helpful for animal behavior than for autism, though there was some info on that. But some stuff I found particularly helpful. My cousin's dog killed her other dog about a year ago. She's always wondered if it was on purpose (the bigger dog was a pit bull) or if things just got out of hand while they were playing and her prey drive took over (the other dog was a chihuahua). According to this book, you can tell (if, like her, you're there for the incident). If the attacking dog is growling and snarling, it was pure aggression. If the attacking dog is silent, it was a predator/prey instinct that took over. When I get back to wifi and can call my cousin, I'll talk to her about this in hopes that it may help her get some resolution. *HeartBroken*

Anyway, this as a good book and I recommend it. I know my examples were always about dogs, but there was info about a lot of other animals in there. For example, they talked about prairie dogs (I think it was) and how they basically have language. They communicate with nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. They'll let each other know when a coyote approaches if it's the one that sits by your hole for a really long time, waiting for you to come out or if it's the one that will approach and then suddenly attack. They'll let each other know if it's a coyote, a human, a hawk, or whatever. The book goes more in-depts, but it was really amazing!

Easter signature

Check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
March Book 2 · 03-13-24 4:04am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: March Book 2 · 03-14-24 8:39am
by Choconut ~ House Targaryen
Re: Re: March Book 2 · 03-14-24 9:20am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Choconut ~ House Targaryen.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3630546