Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:53pm
3/18 Entry
*Dollar* 500 GPs were sent to Arakun the Twisted Raccoon with this post.
The sun was setting, casting an orange hue across the deserted street. Sarah hurried along the sidewalk, clutching her backpack tightly. She could feel someone's gaze following her every step, sending shivers down her spine. Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted a shadowy figure trailing behind.

Heart pounding, Sarah quickened her pace, her footsteps echoing in the empty alleyways. The figure matched her every move, closing in with each passing moment. Finally, unable to bear the tension, Sarah whirled around, her voice trembling, "Stop looking at me."

The figure halted, his features hidden in the dim light. For a moment, there was silence, broken only by the distant sound of traffic. Then, with a low chuckle, the stranger stepped forward into the glow of a flickering street lamp.

It was Jake, Sarah's childhood friend. Relief flooded through her, mingled with embarrassment at her own paranoia. "Jake, you scared me half to death," she exclaimed, her voice wavering.

Jake grinned sheepishly, his eyes apologetic. "Sorry, Sarah. I was just trying to catch up with you."

Sarah's nerves slowly eased as she realized her mistake. She laughed nervously, the tension draining away. "Well, you definitely succeeded in scaring me. What are you doing here anyway?"

Jake shifted uncomfortably, his gaze flickering away. "I, uh, I wanted to talk to you about something."

Sarah studied him curiously, noticing the hesitation in his voice. "What is it?" she prompted gently.

Jake took a deep breath, gathering his courage. "I've been meaning to tell you... I like you, Sarah. More than just a friend."

Sarah's heart skipped a beat, her mind racing. She opened her mouth to respond, but before she could speak, Jake interrupted, his tone urgent. "But if you don't feel the same way, I understand. Just forget I said anything."

Sarah was taken aback by his confession, her thoughts spinning. But as she looked into his earnest eyes, she realized that maybe, just maybe, this unexpected moment could turn into something beautiful.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
3/18 Entry · 03-18-24 10:53pm
by WriterRick

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3632459