SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/363790
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Opinion · #230669
Religion as a reason for conflict
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 31, 2002 at 6:54am
questions of faith.
Hi there. i've only read the intro to your forum, so i may be repeating issues already disscused, but i have a few questions i would like to hear opinions on.

1.Is religion responsible for war?

2.Is the war on terrorism actually a war between differing religious Ideologies?

3.Is religion worth the suffering it causes in places such as Israil/palastine or ireland?

4. is money the new religion, with the stock market as god and the banks as the church?

i'd be interested to hear what people think, either on the forum or in an e-mail.

going back to the intro, unlike Bhaskar, i am a complete athiest. i do not believe in god or a supreme intelligence. however, i can understand the idea.
A teaching that asks people to be nice to one another and respect each other, can only be good. however, once it gets into the hands of structured religion, the teachings are twisted to suit the desires of whoever is attempting to control the peoples beliefs.
for instance, God never actually told irish catholics and protestants to kill each other. the men in charge were responsible for that, and used religion to recruit those people that politics couldn't.
it is interesting to note that, despite what Osama Bin Laden may want to think, Christanity and Islam aren't all that different anyway.
For instance, Jesus Christ is named as a Muslim Prophet in the Quran.

Anyway, i'd be interested in peoples views, thank's in advance.

'God favors small children, alcoholics and the chronically stoned.'
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
questions of faith. · 05-31-02 6:54am
by Stevey M
Re: questions of faith. · 05-31-02 8:56pm
by Viper1
Re: Re: questions of faith. · 06-01-02 3:26pm
by Stevey M
Re: questions of faith. · 06-01-02 8:13am
by Bhaskar

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Bhaskar.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/363790