Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2131124
Part of GoT
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:17am
Edited: April 7, 2024 at 10:21am
Re: Citadel 52
by Jeremy
Likes: This activity has really kicked my muse into overdrive. I've been so inspired to write with ideas seeming to hatch from everywhere. I've also gotten to review more of my fellow writers' work in the past few days than I have in the entire past year.

Dislikes: The only real dislike I have is the constant flipping back and forth between several forums and trying to align what I've done for which task and where it needs to go to be counted correctly. The other dislike that I have is that there seems to be a definite imbalance in the power structure of the groups which can appear to hinder fair gameplay and take away some excitement from the game.

Perhaps in future iterations, there can be a single collection point for prompt/challenge responses like a survey. And another route could be to have a "Sorting Day" where everyone that's signed up is sorted into a House like in Harry Potter. This would ensure that everyone that wants to play is included and no one has to feel like the last kid picked for dodgeball. This would also eliminate one or two teams from being the "big hitters" and even the playing field. You won't know who your teammates are, what your strategy is, and what each other's strengths and weaknesses are until "Sorting Day." It would also allow us to interact with members of our community that we haven't interacted with and spawn new friendships. It's good to be forced to step outside of our comfort zones, and that includes relying on people we've just met and stepping away from familiar relationships. To me, that's directly in line with the spirit of Game of Thrones.

MESSAGE THREAD
Citadel 52 · 04-03-24 6:18pm
by Lyn's a Witchy Woman
Re: Citadel 52 · 04-03-24 6:57pm
by Beholden
Re: Citadel 52 · 04-03-24 8:07pm
by intuey
Re: Citadel 52 · 04-03-24 8:25pm
by Detective
Re: Citadel 52 · 04-04-24 4:38pm
by Krista of House Mormont
Re: Re: Citadel 52 · 04-04-24 4:41pm
by Lyn's a Witchy Woman
Re: Citadel 52 · 04-07-24 9:58am
by Lyn's a Witchy Woman
*Star* Re: Citadel 52 · 04-07-24 10:17am
by Jeremy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3639278