*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/555949
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Mystery · #563750
The First PIF Mystery Ball (closed January, 2003)
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 19, 2003 at 5:10am
BR: Lady Sarinja
"Forceful is definately what you are. You seem to enjoy attention. May I ask why it is you wore a full suit of armor to ball? One can't dance very well, wearing such a thing."

Lord Aster seems momentarily taken aback (not easy to tell through the opaque armor, but it can be guessed from the fact he straightens his posture even more than it was)

"My lady, i do not know if i should take your comments in good humor, or if i should see them as insult."

Relaxing a little, he lowered his hand from the hilt of his sword and seemed to shake his head, which was immidiately followed by another formal bow.

"My deepest apologies my lady. Now it is I who might have offended you. In payment, i shall answer your question, and allow you to ask me one more, for which i will offer an answer as best i can."

Before he could start, the butler hands him a sealed envelope. He excuses himself for a moment to read it and, seeming unphased by what was in it, picks up his conversation.

"I wear my armor because it is a symbol of my office, and of me. I am a warrior. I have fought in many great battles and done what many consider deeds worthy of song, though i know that they will never bring back to me that which i have lost. As for the difficulties dancing... you might be surprised at how easy it can be... after all, do i not dance across the battlefield?"

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
BR: Lady Sarinja · 01-19-03 5:10am
by FM - 1 Writer to rule them all

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥Pay It Forward♥.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/555949