*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/555961
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Mystery · #563750
The First PIF Mystery Ball (closed January, 2003)
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 19, 2003 at 6:01am
BR: All guests
by Marie
Oh dear - whatever could this mean? I don't THINK I smell of honeysuckle ... Marie suddenly remembered the hours she had spent in her garden before departure. But the scent would have left me easily during the trip, she assured herself.

Straightening her hair and smoothing her gown, Marie walked into the ballroom. She felt bad for having left the white-haired woman so suddenly before she oculd respond - but the note from the BUtler had been disturbing to say the least. And then she had dozed in the powder room! Of all things to do at a BALL! Was this not what she had hoped and wished for all of her life? Whatever must the Queen think of my absence? Maybe no one noticed me ...

Looking around she noticed the awkward and uncomfortable air with which everyone was subjected to. She didn't think they would have been that upset about her haitus, but she thought it best to make her apologies fast. Maybe they are just like Mother - maybe they just worry.

Walking up to a cluster of guests, Marie lifted her chin to speak.

"Why does everyone suspect poison?" he asks suspiciously. "Not that it matters. Still, to be safe, nobody touch her mouth. If it is poison, is most likely cyanide in the form of Hydrogen cyanide salts. Even the smallest doses of 300 milligrams can be fatal! If anyone feels dizziness, headache, nausea, shortness of breath or chills, come and see me immidiatley!"

Poison? What does he mean ...?

"Fireant , Do you, per chance have any of your herbs and spices on you? It might be possible to synthesis an antidote if anyone else is suffering. I will need salt, sulphur, nitrate and water."

"For now, i suggest that we all calm down until a doctor can arrive."

Bending down, Lord Aster picks up the body and gently carries it away from the crowd, looking around for either the Queen, or one of the butlers to tell him where he could take her...

"Oh my goodness! Would someone care to tell me what has just happened? I just got this note form the Butler and now there is someone DEAD!?!?!"

Feeling faint, Marie awaits a response ....

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming. - Goethe

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Trust requires being who you say you are - over a period of time. - Edwards
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
BR: All guests · 01-19-03 6:01am
by Marie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥Pay It Forward♥.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/555961