Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/556307
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #597051
Have questions regarding the game?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 19, 2003 at 6:36pm
My suggestions
by Pita
1. I agree with Hamlet, have a 24 hour murder-free intro period where we mingle and plot and get to know each other's characters and newer players have a chance to get used to how to do things. It would also allow the villian more time to insinuate themselves into the group without having to plot.

2. An email notice 24 hours before game play would be very cool, so we'd know to stay home and prepare for murder and mayhem :)

3. I'd suggest we each get one guess only -- I mean, in the real world if you cry wolf, or run around accusing people you'll get arrested or slapped with a libel and slander lawsuit! One guess would really slow things down. People will want to be very sure before they wasted their only guess. Maybe only 2 guesses... three seems like it's too many because as people guess it statistically reduces the odds in their favor.

One other twist to equalize: if it runs 2 rounds in a row, like this will, make the winner in the first round the first victim in the second round. That way there are no hard feelings on the part of people because no one wants to be killed off first? I am perfectly happy to be killed first. I feel bad it ended so fast after all the work you bears put into this :(

The last is a question that is slightly redundant after this a.m.'s emails, but I'd like to clarify.

If I am a ghost and post:
BR: Sir Jamison and my post indicates (through actions) I am haunting him (eg, tossing spit balls at him,) that is just me haunting and tormenting him, right?

To make an accusation, don't I have to use:
BR: HOST
to summon you directly (since I am a ghost and can't write you a note and send it with the bulter) with my guess which I would have to physically act out since I am mute and insubstanial.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My suggestions · 01-19-03 6:36pm
by Pita
Re: My suggestions · 01-19-03 8:01pm
by Madame Lunacy!
Re: Re: My suggestions · 01-19-03 8:09pm
by Marie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥Pay It Forward♥.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/556307