Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/557546
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #597051
Have questions regarding the game?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 21, 2003 at 6:26am
Re: Re: Members without costumes comunicate as ghosts
by Pita
I could be totally wrong and totally mispeaking here, but it is my understanding only (dead) guests could be ghosts and that only guests, villian and host could play. Guests pay for their costumes and must be upgraded. We're doing this for fun but our main goal is raising funds for RAOK and PIF, that is, upgrading people who lack the means to upgrade themselves.

Hence the high cost of costumes. If this were an ordinary contest there would be a smaller entry fee or no fee to play. This is a charity ball. Some of the fee goes to the hugely fat "the prize pot" and the rest are set aside for a charity. My guess is it is along the lines of half and half. This is why you will see people who play games and events sponsored by PIF or RAOK donate their winnings back to the group. Most of us playing are people that are very committed to "paying it forward."

I thought the extra guests costumes referred to the fact many of us have ordered "custom" outfits. I have. When I get mine, I won't be playing in the minstrel outfit, so that outfit will become available for "rental."

It was my understanding that costumes won in the auction were along the lines of a "rental," that is, you have the right to wear it for a certain number of times, but PIF owns the image and can rent it out again. The custom ones made to order are ours forever and no one else can use them, unlike ones made for auction. We'll still have to pay entry fees, etc, but let's say my custom outfit is Bozo the Clown. Anytime you see Bozo show up, you know it's Pita, because I own that costume because I comissioned it. (Trust me, mine is way better and way worse than Bozo, you guys will have a coronery when you see it!)

If I am speaking out of turn I apologize. Maybe if Star really wants to pay we could chip in. You'd need to first get an upgrade, then rent the costume (all players have to be upgraded because of the site rules. When you have permission -- and it must be prior permission and that is rarely granted -- to have or have access to a second account, both accounts must be upgraded or prem. or you risk your main account, along with the new one, being deleted without notice. And the SM and SMs find them very fast!)
MESSAGE THREAD
Members without costumes comunicate as ghosts · 01-20-03 11:08pm
by Star ♥
Re: Members without costumes comunicate as ghosts · 01-21-03 3:40am
by Sir Mirom
*Star* Re: Re: Members without costumes comunicate as ghosts · 01-21-03 6:26am
by Pita
Re: Re: Re: Members without costumes comunicate as ghosts · 01-21-03 9:16am
by ♥Pay It Forward♥
Re: Re: Members without costumes comunicate as ghosts · 01-26-03 10:56am
by Star ♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥Pay It Forward♥.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/557546