*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/639572
Rated: E · Message Forum · How-To/Advice · #516836
Free Edits up to 3 pgs (10-15 gp's per ad. pgs appreciated, not required.)
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 8, 2003 at 3:18pm
Review of "Changeling" by BOOTH
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

This was a great first chapter and I can't wait for the rest of the book! You brought out the characters and the situation clearly and at a perfect pace. You left the reader curious and wanting to see which direction things will ultimately go with this story. Thank you for submitting it to "Sunni's Review &Edit - closed.

The only suggestions I could come up with were mainly punctuation and one sentence that might be reworded.

1) You write: She and Brad tried ten years, since they were married, to get pregnant. This sounded like it meant "because" they were married. How about saying "since they'd been married" or "since they had gotten married" (though I just don't like the word "gotten")? But then you would probably have to change "She and Brad tried" to "She and Brad had tried".

2) You write: It took, and approximately nine months later their miracle baby was born. It seems that "approximately nine months later" is parenthetical and so should have commas like so: It took and, approximately nine months later, their miracle baby was born.

3)You write: Except for the constant demands, the travel, the hand shaking, the photo ops, the parties --- she and Brad lived a fairy tale life. I would recommend changing the first comma to an em dash Except for the constant demands--- the travel, the hand shaking, the photo ops, the parties --- she and Brad lived a fairy tale life.

Thanks again for submitting to "Sunni's Review &Edit - closed and please post chapter when it is ready, I look forward to reading it.
Sunni17

Writing is an Expression of the Mind and Soul---Sunni17
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Review of "Changeling" by BOOTH · 05-08-03 3:18pm
by SnowyChicago

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, SnowyChicago.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/639572