*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/662931
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 12, 2003 at 9:46pm
Re: Nemesis
by A Non-Existent User
The main problem with the entire "Star Trek Universe" is that it is such a phenomenon. Writers are afraid to touch it because they know if they make some alien's skin two shades darker of a green than the last time it was used then they'll be nearly torn apart, perhaps literally. What the entire thing needs are some writers who are willing to go in there, look at what history has been laid out so far, decide which direction to go (before federation, after, etc), and do what they like. And we might have to face facts: Star Trek may be dead. Every storyline's been told a couple of times, every fresh idea beaten to a pulp. I love Star Trek, I grew up with Voyager (started when I was in second grade, my favorite series), but they might be smart to just drop it for a while after Enterprise. I asked my dad, "So, what are they going to do for movies now with the TNG crew?" We couldn't think of anything. They've written themselves into a corner, they ought to just wait until the public wants it and they have some people who know how to properly dish it out.

And I haven't read Morte d'Arthur, but I doubt that it was such a direct rip-off. Every main plot idea has been written a billion times over, in actuality there hasn't been a fresh idea since the Greeks. I'm sure the guy who wrote Morte d'Arthur got his idea from somewhere else, too (and yes, I know it was written a long time ago, but still).

WHO IS JOHN GALT?

gwynkitty
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
Nemesis · 06-04-03 1:27pm
by Amy du Lac Bleu
Re: Nemesis · 06-05-03 1:43pm
by Maryann
*Star* Re: Nemesis · 06-12-03 9:46pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Nemesis · 06-12-03 11:01pm
by Amy du Lac Bleu

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/662931