*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/672377
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #702501
An Exercise for Comedic Stories.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 28, 2003 at 9:37am
 (This message was edited by smilingsun on 06-28-03 @ 9:21 pm EDT)

”Now Switch off the Fan!!!”

It’s the event of my childhood. The winter was just about to set in. People were still using fans. One day, I sat in the living room reading my picture story book. Its pictures were so eye-catching and interesting that I absorbed in it and thought as if I were a part of the story. Meanwhile, my father entered the room, and sat at the table near the open window. I couldn’t notice his entrance.

My father was assistant professor at that time. He was checking the papers of the college students.

“Bobby,” he suddenly called me. ( Bobby is my nickname.)

My father’s voice brought me back to real world, scattering my thoughts.

“What, pa?” I replied agitatedly.

“Sweet heart, just switch off the fan; I’m feeling cold,” He said in mild voice.

“Okay, Pa!”

I stood up, but I didn’t divert my eyes from the book. I walked up to the switch-board, without looking on it. When I reached there, I just glanced at the switch-board. Yes, I reached exactly. The switch-board was not so high; my hand could reach its light switches. Now I again eyed the colorful pictures of the story, and moved my right hand to the light switches. Then I felt one switch, it was off, as it was not pressed. I was still looking at the story book. Then I moved my hand to the next switch, it was off too. Feeling the switches, I continued to move my hand ahead, and then I felt my hand moving on the wall, crossing the switch board. I was astounded all the buttons were in off-position.

“How’s the fan moving?” I mumbled.

I looked on the fan. It was off.

“Pa, it’s already off. You disturbed me for nothing,” I complained.

“Oh, sorry, my dear! Actually cool wind was coming through the window. But I thought the fan was on,” he said in soft and apologizing tone.

“No way, Pa,”

“Okay, son! Now switch on the fan.”

“What?”

“Sweeeeetch oooon the fan, my dear,” He said in smiling funny way.

“Okay,” I smiled and switched on the fan.

“Would you mind if I ask you to do something?”

“No, Pa! Not at all.”

“Well, now switch off the fan.”

``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``

Smiling Sun*Star*
** Image ID #663015 Unavailable **
            Holly Jahangiri

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#702241 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#711329 by Not Available.

Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Re:Childhood · 06-28-03 9:37am
by The Sun SmilesOn Small Valley
Re: Re:Childhood · 06-28-03 4:47pm
by Holly Jahangiri

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Sun SmilesOn Small Valley.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/672377