*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/736148
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 30, 2003 at 5:59pm
Introduction
by A Non-Existent User

Hi there! I'm sure many of you know my name. I'm also sure none of you know I have no insides. lol Before I get into it, let me explain that because I had a hysterectomy/oopherectomy 2 years ago, when I was 32, I find the need to make jokes about it or I'll go a little nuts. My joking is my way of dealing with this particular part of my life and is in no way meant to belittle the problems anyone else may be having with their situations.

With that said.. well you know the gist of it now.

I became pregnant by my ex husband at the age of 20. I had 4 miscarriage sover the next 2 years, and then went on to have 4 perfect pregnancies and deliveries. I gave birth to 4 perfect, wonderfully beautiful children.

Then, when I was 32, in July of 2001, I started having severe pelvic pain, out of the blue. July 2nd I went to work but was unable to stand. Someone brought me to the ER but they found nothing.

The next day, I went to my gyn. They found large fibroids. I quickly decided to have a hysterectomy. Thanks to my insurance company I went through tons of testing, and BS.

August 20th found me in surgery only to have one ovary removed and my uterus. When my doctor clamped my remaining ovary he found it was so infected that he had no choice but to remove it. I was given a shot of Depo Provera which lasted till December.

He gave me a combo of testosterone/estrogen which quickly gave me unbearable hot flashes. I quit taking it, and at my checkup last year he berated me for getting off them. I told him to give me something that wouldn't make me so damn miserable.

He then put me on premarin which was worse. I got that prescription in November of last year, and got a 90 day supply. I still have greater than half left of that original prescription.

Hormones do not work for me. Since I've gotten off them, I haven't had a single hot flash, and the mood swings have improved.

I do fly into horrible rages, though, and at the drop of a hat. I mean, I literally feel as though I could kill someone. I've learned to walk away, no matter what I'm doing or where I am.

I have a 2 year checkup/pap coming up in October. I am sure my doctor will tear into me for being off my HRT but he's not the one who has to live with the side effects. I could offer to make him live with them though. I'm looking to move, and he has a nice house. *Laugh*

That's a little about me. Thanks for letting me share.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#756987 by Not Available.

When is your birthday? Post it here!

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#754405 by Not Available.

Merit Badge in Angel
[Click For More Info]

Jacquie -- you listen whenever i cry out; you embrace my issues with such grace, and you always offer a helping hand.  thank you.  you have made an everlasting impression :) and i'll never forget your kindness.  you really are an angel Merit Badge in Campfires
[Click For More Info]

Dear Lifewriter,
Thank moo for bringing a MOOnlight Moodness sale to the garden dept of  [Link To Item #807368]   You are a credit to the herd and I am proud and grateful to have you in my campfire for this wacky journey through the galaxy. Thanks for the great writing. Hooves Merit Badge in Appreciation
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your time and energy in welcoming and assisting site members, new and old!  I appreciate it. ~~SM Merit Badge in Generosity
[Click For More Info]

With many thanks for my writing.com T-shirt! Your kindness will always be appreciated, by me especially, and everyone else here *^*Smile*^* I'll think of you each time I wear my new shirt *^*Bigsmile*^* Merit Badge in Angel
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday, Lifey! Thought I would send this badge instead of a Birthday one, because you are one of the special Angels I have come across on this site. *hugggz* Hope you have a lovely, wonderful year ahead. You deserve it. Kit *^*Heart*^*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Introduction · 09-30-03 5:59pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Introduction · 09-30-03 7:27pm
by wordsyswife
Re: Re: Introduction · 09-30-03 7:45pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Introduction · 10-01-03 3:39pm
by wordsyswife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Introduction · 10-01-03 4:04pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Introduction · 10-01-03 9:21pm
by wordsyswife

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/736148