*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/839127
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 29, 2004 at 7:32am
Winner and New Prompt
by A Non-Existent User
Wow! There were some terrific entries in this fortnight's competition. In fact, the two top entries - completely sucked me into the story!

Congratulations to Rasputin . You have won this fortnight's competition for your entry
The Hunt  (ASR)
Winner, The Regular Writing Rampage - 3/28/04
#833545 by Rasputin

You managed to draw the reader in right from the start. I quickly got the feeling of quietness in the woods and a strong sense of family. Before long, I was drawn to the main character who comes across as a good, decent man.

I must also offer my congratulation to trigger for his entry
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#833245 by Not Available.
. Your entry has gained a place as Highly Commended. I LOVED the humour throughout – terrific! The interaction between the two girls and their mother was excellent.

Well done!

So on we go with the new prompts:

In my spare time I present a weekly radio program. I collect lots and lots and LOTS of trivia, and true stories etc. So I thought for something different, I'd take three pieces of true trivia (based on some silly laws), and ask you to write your story around one of them. Ah, what the heck. I'll select FIVE pieces of trivia. Here the are:

1. In the State of New York, there is a law which prohibits the shooting of a rabbit from a moving tram.

2. It has been reported that a woman in Saudi Arabia, may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee.

3. In December 1820, Missouri levied a tax on bachelors.

4. It is illegal in Somalia, Africa, to walk around with chewing gum stuck onto the tip of your nose.

5. There is a law in London, England which prohibits people from driving a car unless they are sitting in the front seat.

*Giggle* I hope you enjoy the challenge!

Because of Easter, the competition will close a week later than usual. You have until: Sunday 18 April 2004 12.00pm EST

Regards

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My latest story:
 Invalid Item 
#833417 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#639664 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Winner and New Prompt · 03-29-04 7:32am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/839127