*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/865444
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 15, 2004 at 7:37am
Better Late Than Never!
by onaya3
Hi one and all,

I'm sorry this review of Patrick Stewart on "The Kumars at no. 42" is a little late. My best excuse is that I had typed it up one a month ago, but when I hit the "submit post" button, it didn't - and I lost the whole thing! So if this works, brilliant! If it doesn't, at least I tried.

Sanjeev is very excited at the idea of interviewing Patrick, so much so, when they open to door to greet Patrick, Sanjeev is wearing a command red Starfleet uniform, and Patrick looks like he's about to turn around and leave again!

Sanjeev's family tell Sanjeev not to bother Patrick with Startrek, but Patrick (under strain) graciously says he may.

They talk about how the uniforms changed after the first two seasons from the spandex to the woollen jumpsuits. Patrick tells us (very interestingly) that the reason for this was a chiropractor recommended it as the strain of the stretchy material wasn't good for the actors backs or limbs since they spend so many hours in them!

Sanjeev's grandmother asks Patrick why there weren't any Indians on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Patrick tells them a very amusing story about an episode in the later seasons where there supposedly was. What happened was that they cast an Indian actor to do a bit part in an episode as a Captain of another Federation vessell. But one day as they had to film a scene in the Observation room with the Indian Captain he wasn't there for some reason. So what the crew did was film the back of a chair with a toupee on a stick, with another crew member occassionally jiggling the chair as if the Indian Captain was moving a little, and the camera just focussed on Patrick and the top of a toupee! And Patrick told us this was when they were spending over a million dollars on each episode and this was what they came up with!

At the end of the interview as the family saw Patrick to the door, Sanjeev makes a fool of himself over Patrick so much so his grandmother gives him the vulcan neck pinch to let Patrick get away!

It was all very amusing and I had a good laugh. If ever you should come accross this episode, either on the black market and meeting a shady Ferengi in a bar on the boarders of the Federation, or in a Starfleet Data File, I sincerely recommend it! *Smile*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have never understood the practice in some cultures of describing ferocious creatures in an attempt to lull children to sleep."

Tuvok - ST: Voyager

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Better Late Than Never! · 05-15-04 7:37am
by onaya3
Re: Better Late Than Never! · 06-18-04 11:28am
by Maryann - House Martell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/865444