*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/946703
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2004 at 7:32pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling lonely
I'm 3/4 of my way through a 24-hour fast, and your description of Jasper's cake made me drool into my keyboard!

Pwesent! Pwesent? For meeee? Oh, yummy. I swear I sent you something for your birthday, but I *embarrassment* can't remember what. Do you remember?

I really don't know where rapadura rates on the glycemic index. I had heard something about honey shooting your blood sugar higher than white sugar does, but white sugar makes me jittery, gives me muscle pain, lowers my immune system -- and honey just doesn't do that to me. How does that factor in with the glycemic index? Huh. Elizabeth = not a scientist!

Yes, we use raw honey. We buy it in gallon jugs every month or so from a local honey farm. It's not certified organic, but they don't spray whatever their bees feed on (is that right? Feed on?), and it's nice and local and tastes divine! It's funny for you to be talking about honey as this precious commodity, because we don't treat it like that in our house; maybe we should -- probably -- but it's just a staple food in our house, like peanut butter or bread or...or...chicken.

I have heard about honey's amazing healing qualities, including for burns, but I haven't had a burn to try it on. Actually, it's been a long time since I had a bad burn. When I do get burned, it's on my fingers or something from cooking. (Once I put my fingers on a stove burner that'd just been turned off -- owwie.) I plunge it into ice water and that takes care of it. I remember with that stove burn, actually, I wrapped an ice cube in a cloth and slept with that overnight, after soaking the burnt fingers in ice water all day. Worked a miracle; in the morning, it didn't look nearly as bad as it should've! Have you had a chance to try to honey remedy ever?

I've never heard of the film The Magdalene Sisters, but it sounds a lot like what the song is about, doesn't it? That song sends shivers down my spine! I'm so in love with it! I'm so addicted to emotion; I like listening to songs like that over and over and over again just to get the emotional jolt. I know, I'm crazy.... Give me some details on this movie! Is it in theatres, or what? It sounds interesting.

Visit my web site at http://elizabeth.bouma-holtrop.com!
MESSAGE THREAD
Feeling lonely · 10-02-04 11:24pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Feeling lonely · 10-03-04 2:01am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-04-04 12:09am
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-05-04 3:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-05-04 7:32pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Health stuff · 10-07-04 2:58pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-04-04 8:47am
by Amber is excited
Re: Feeling lonely · 10-03-04 5:38am
by RachieBee
To our lovely Ellie · 10-03-04 3:33pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: To our lovely Ellie · 10-04-04 2:06am
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-04-04 2:03am
by Alex Elizabeth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/946703