*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/955764
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing · #758789
Do you write for publication? What markets? Use market guides? Which ones?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 21, 2004 at 8:11pm
Re: Welcome
Hello!

I write because I enjoy it, and because people who read my work seem to enjoy it. I don't write because I must, although I miss it and feel antsy when I don't indulge. It's like...chocolate.

Of course I write for publication. I make my living writing (technical writing), and have had non-fiction articles, short stories, and poems published (mostly for pay). Two things make me feel that my writing is valued: reader feedback, and cash. *Laugh* I value the ability to use words to educate, to entertain, to inform, to touch, to provoke, to communicate the thoughts in my head and achieve a meeting of the minds.

I'm lazy about submitting my work for publication. Most of my published, freelance writing was done on assignment, for editors who knew me and had read my work. They know I can write well and meet deadlines. I don't like having to "sell myself," and the thought of throwing my work over the transom at someone who's probably groaning and thinking "Oh, lovely, another one for the slush pile..." just depresses me. I've got to get over it somehow. Or not. I'd love to publish a bestselling novel. Of course I'd have to write one first. And afterwards, I'd have to do publicity and try to help sell it. Bleh. Yeah, I have a mental block. I need to get over it.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
*Idea* *Idea* *Idea*
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Need help with your writing? Visit
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#746496 by Not Available.

Merit Badge in Supportive
[Click For More Info]

Merit Badge in Foresight
[Click For More Info]

As part of the D&MIS group to say thank you for all you do and all the great help and advise you give out. You are always there to help someone. Thanks for all you do *^*Smile*^* Have a Merry Christmas! Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 6   Public Reviewer  for the month of  December 2005 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] . Merit Badge in Mentor
[Click For More Info]

Because there's simply no better description for you.  *^*Kiss*^* Merit Badge in Inner Strength
[Click For More Info]

We are women. We can do anything. For having the 'inner strength' to carry on through the hardest of all jobs: being a parent.
Hugs
Kelly
MESSAGE THREAD
Welcome · 10-01-03 6:29pm
by Chriswriter
*Star* Re: Welcome · 10-21-04 8:11pm
by Holly Jahangiri
Re: Re: Welcome · 10-25-04 2:26pm
by Chriswriter

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Chriswriter.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/955764