*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/967450
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 9, 2004 at 8:38pm
Re: Re: Re: It's about time!
by Ilona
Yes I still have a birthday present for you, its been laying around here since about May i think...
I can't believe it's been so long since I've written you a letter!
At the moment I'm writing a letter to Talitha, whom I haven't written one to since we met in June. We have however been emailing and texting with her, but I feel like such a lousy friend to all of you!

I also have 3 cds for you, Alanis, Madonna, and... Uh.. i don't remember, another Alanis cd? I have them all copied and ready though.

The news these days really makes me sick. Ever since Theo van Gogh was murdered last week idiots have been setting fires in Islamic churches and schools etc. The government has declared war on terrorism, but I'm afraid some radical idiots have declared war on all Muslims (which are quite a lot here in Holland)
On some Muslim site, a group that was also responsible for the terrorist attack on Egypt last month, warned Holland that if we wouldn't stop the 'war on Muslims' both the government and the people of Holland would pay a high price..
I don't really know what to think anymore, I don't want to be afraid all the time, but it's getting really serious now, and I would lie if I would say that I'm not scared of what might happen..
Holland has always been so tolerant, and peaceful etc, of course things have always happened here, we don't have low crime rates or something, esp not in the bigger cities, but it hasn't been like this since WW2..
I know a lot of Muslim people from work etc, and they are scared to death too..
About 10 people were arrested so far for the murder on Theo, and they were also planning murders on about 7 or 8 other people..
It really makes me sick to my stomach, really really sick!!

Sorry I'm talking about this so much, but it's pretty much all people talk about in Holland these days, and I just need to write everything down from time to time, to see things straight again.
I hate talking about it with people here, I don't like hearing the horrible and scary theories people have about what happened and what might happen.
I'd rather close my eyes for it at the moment..

"It is the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance"
MESSAGE THREAD
It's about time! · 11-08-04 5:35pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: It's about time! · 11-09-04 8:01am
by Ilona
Re: Re: It's about time! · 11-09-04 2:50pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Re: It's about time! · 11-09-04 8:38pm
by Ilona
Re: Re: It's about time! · 11-10-04 3:14pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: It's about time! · 11-10-04 3:08pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: It's about time! · 11-13-04 7:54pm
by Ilona

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/967450