*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972303-Adventures-in-Officeland/cid/2290939-The-surly-male-guard-responds
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Comedy · #1972303
It's a tiny cubicle, tepid coffee, irate co-worker jungle out there. Tell your story.
This choice: The surly male guard responds.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The surly male guard responds.

    by: Starling
"Excuse me Miss, but you need to check in at the desk between the elevators, not just think you can walk through." Harold knew the woman was there to start a new job.

Amanda stepped back from the man who thought he could get into her personal space. "Would you mind backing up a little, please?" When he took one step back so did she. That was better. "I was told to report to a woman on the fifteenth floor before eight o'clock. I was told nothing about stopping at a desk first."

"You have no badge and no one goes past this point without a badge. My job is to make sure of that. Now if you wouldn't mind stepping over to the desk, I am sure the receptionist can get you to the fifteenth floor with no further trouble."

Amanda glanced at the man's name badge. Harold was all it said. His blue uniform was meant to look like the local police department, but there were a few insignia's missing. Amanda wondered what Harold would do if she reached out and patted him on the chest, like she wanted too. Deep down she had the feeling he was all bark with no bite. He looked like a rough, tough man of power, but he was probably a teddy bear. Instead of going with her first idea, she put her best high-there-handsome smile on her face and said, "Thank you Harold for your help. See you later." then she walked to receptionist desk, Glancing over her shoulder she found Harold watching her.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Starling (UN: pager at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972303-Adventures-in-Officeland/cid/2290939-The-surly-male-guard-responds