*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Avoiding a question
  2. Maegyn's Struggle
  3. Pick a Character
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1138776-The-Swords-Edge/cid/338972-Avoiding-a-question
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1138776
When a country must be won and lost by the song and gleam of the sword...
This choice: Maegyn's not ready to tell- change the subject!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Avoiding a question

    by: Unknown
“My only thought, my lord, is how this campaign could take you from my arms.” She took his hand in hers and kissed each finger, tenderly. “I fear that the fickle mistresses of fate will use this war to strike you down, leaving me broken and you without an heir to carry on your legacy.” She took the palm of his hand and rubbed it against her cheeks as she closed her eyes. “Thus my only thought is of fear, fear of a world without you.” She opened her eyes and her husband was nearly swallowed in their rich depths.

“My love.” He began, and placed his hands on her lovely face. “No other man in the world is as blessed as I to have a good woman such as you.” He smiled at her, his question of her opinion already forgotten. “You fear for me as any good wife should and yet you are also thinking of the future, to the children we must raise and prepare to carry on as the leaders of my people.” He kissed her lips, drinking deep her fragrance, before he pulled away. “This war is necessary and from it we will bring forth a new nation, one more powerful than any other that has been on this world.” His hungry lips traveled down her lips to brush against her neck. “And once this great task is done we two, shall turn our attention towards building a family, one who’s legacy will last as long as our new kingdom!”

She closed her eyes so he would not see the pain in them. He meant well she knew, but his desire to build a lasting legacy had clouded his vision. He did not see the pain he was about to unleash, or the true cost of what he was about to do. Most likely he would leave two shattered nations, neither one capable of protecting its people, to be picked over by the carrion eaters of the world. She had to find a way to avoid this, even if it meant betraying the man she loved. But deep down she hoped it would not come to that.

As he lifted her into his arms and took her to their bed, she pushed such thoughts away. For the moment she would just be his loving wife.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. They succumb to their passions

*Noteb*
2. They are interrupted

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1138776-The-Swords-Edge/cid/338972-Avoiding-a-question