*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. When you wish upon a Genie
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1139589-Metaphorically-Speaking/cid/459322-When-you-wish-upon-a-Genie
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1139589
Tommy wished that everything he said came true . The genie took him literally
Chapter #1

When you wish upon a Genie

    by: Jacknife78
         Tommy is bored. It has been raining for three days now and none of his friends want to come over to his house. Not that he has many friends. All the kids at school make fun of the way he talks. He is always talking in cliches.

         He decides to explore the attic of his new house. His parents got it at a steal. He didn't mind moving, since it is still in the same town. When he climbs the stairs, he chokes on all the dust flying around. There are boxes all over the place with cobwebs on them. The only place that is clean is a small end table in a corner. There is some kind of old fashion lamp sitting on top of it.

         Tommy walks over and picks up the lamp. "Wouldn't it be nice if it was magicial" he mutters to himself. Just for kicks he decides to rub it. He drops it to the ground as a black stream of smoke streams from the tip.

         A huge muscled genie forms out of the smoke. "Ok kid, you get one wish and make it snappy, I'm missing Martha Stewart for this. And don't try to wish for more wishes, it doesn't work that way."

         Tommy's shock lasts for only a second. He knows a way to get more than one wish. "Here's what I want." he says. "I wish everything I say comes true."

         "Granted." chuckles the Genie. "However you might soon wish I didn't grant it, but you'd be out of luck since I don't have to take your orders anymore. You see, my magic has been on the fritz so your wish will only work part of the time. Looks like the commercials are over but I'll check in on you from time to time." With that he becomes smoke once agian and flows back into the lamp.

         Tommy is excited that he tricked the genie into giving him all the wishes he wanted. He doesn't mind that it won't work all the time, he'll just keep wishing it till it comes true.

         To try it out he shouts "I wish my friends were here." Nothing happens.

         Perhaps if he makes a statement instead of a wish. "My friends are here" Still nothing happens.

         Disgusted, he stomps down the stairs. His 15 year old sister sees him as he passes her room. He doesn't get along with her because she is always calling him names. "Whats wrong, chump? Why do you look so down? Did you pee your pants agian?"

         Tommy glares at her. "NO!!! I'm mad because..."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jacknife78 (UN: jacknife78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jacknife78 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1139589-Metaphorically-Speaking/cid/459322-When-you-wish-upon-a-Genie