*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Sparrow
  2. What kind?
  3. Birds
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1248091-Animal-Transformation/cid/970662-Sparrow
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Animal · #1248091
You wake up changing into an animal and you love it!
This choice: Sparrow  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Sparrow

    by: Unknown
The bedcovers felt heavy as you woke. You had the strangest dream... It was of strange shadows and felt as if your bones had been twisting and scrunching up. And everything was wrong but right at the same time. You opened your eyes, only to be greeted by a mass of material in front of you. You try to push it away with your hands but it't too heavy and your hands don't seem to be working properly. You groan but it comes out in a whistle. You smile at this but your lips don't seem to move so your eyes are doing the smiling for them, sparkling.
You're fed up of just lay in bed feeling strange. You have to do something about it, get up and get out! You crawl out of your covers, thinking how similar it would be to your every day morning, only you're not forced to do it like this morning. You get to the edge of your bed (it seems further away then normal) and jump back in surprise. Had there been some prank in the middle of the night?! You wouldn't put it past your two twin younger brothers. They were only a year younger, both sixteen, but they had the mischief of twelve year olds. The edge was miles from the floor. You look around. This is one extravagant prank, you think to yourself. Around you you can see you normal furniture: your dressing table, cluttered with odd moisturizers, scattered make-up you hardly ever wore, clips and hairbands littering across the top and hanging on the handles of the drawers, big wardrobe belittling the chest of drawers next to it, your posters of your favourite bands and desk with scattered papers on top (you weren't the neatest person in the household). The only difference to it all was that it was all enlarged. How the hell did Jake and Todd do this? It was imperssive, you must say. You were expecting them to crash through the door laughing and singing at the top of their lungs "We got you, Evie! You should see your face!" they never could stay away for long and let the prank get it's full impact. They had to show they'd done it and take the credit.
You waited. No one was bursting through the door. You couldn't hear any muffled giggling or anything. You frown. What was going on? You look down at the floor, it didn't look that far a distance... So you jump down. In the air, falling fast you panic. You flap your arms instinctively and shoot upwards. Your mind boggles. This isn't right! You should be going down, not up. That was the basic bloody law of gravity! And yet you were nearly to the ceiling now, flying. You can see everything from above. Maddly you are spurred at how much dust is on top of your wardrobe. What the hell was going on?! This was't right! Not right at all. Out of your mouth, involuntary, came chirps and whistles like a panicked bird. Wait a minute, you think, I'm a bird?!
You flutter down to your dressing table mirror, surprised at how naturally flying came to you. You look in the mirror. Brown feathers, all shades in a messy striped pattern like the bark on trees, your underbelly a light grey-beige and pink feet and beady black eyes. An in the middle of your face a yellow-brown beak. You looked at yourself, head moving side to side, skipping about the mirror. How did this happen? It explained a lot of things from when you woke up, but now their were floods more questions. You hear other birds outside and look to the window.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1248091-Animal-Transformation/cid/970662-Sparrow